WHO IS CONSULVET
The managing director of Consulvet is Dr. Arieh Bomzon who is a retired Associate Professor of Pharmacology from the Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
He has considerable knowledge on:
- the conduct of animal-based research.
- the regulatory oversight of animal-based research.
- the training of individuals who wish to do animal-based research.
His qualifications are:
- A veterinary degree from the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia.
- A PhD in physiology from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- A Diploma in Laboratory Animal Science from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, England.
- A fellowship from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, England.
He has extensive experience in laboratory animal science:
- He established the institutional review process for animal experiments at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- He is a deputy editor of the journal Laboratory Animals
- He established the user training program at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- He was a member of the National Council for Animal Experimentation, Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel.
- He was an ad hoc consultant for AAALAC International which is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the humane treatment of animals in science through voluntary accreditation and assessment programs.
- He was an associate editor of the Israel Journal of Veterinary Medicine.
He is a member of several professional associations:
- Israel Laboratory Animal Forum
- European Society of Laboratory Animal Veterinarians
For all enquiries - please go to our enquiries