ConsulVet is a veterinary consultancy for all issues on the maintenance and use of experimental animals used in research, testing and teaching.
To this end, it advises and/or provides counsel:
- on the development, implementation and oversight of an animal health program for each species maintained within an institution.
- on the development, implementing and oversight of animal husbandry programs
- on the development, implementation and review of standard operating procedures for animal care and use
- on a receiving, quarantine and acclimation program to adapt animals to new housing conditions and animal husbandry practices.
- on the design of the animal holding facilities to ensure that the welfare and basic physiological needs of each animal species.
- on the humane aspects and ethics of proposed uses of animals in research, testing and teaching to animal users, animal care staff and others with a vested interest.
- on the conduct of experiments in which the use of animals is proposed such as the choice of animal and animal model, method of anesthesia and/or analgesia, the establishment of humane experimental endpoints and the most suitable method of euthanasia.
- on existing or the development of new educational and training programs for animal users and animal care givers.
For all enquiries - please go to our enquiries